The Max Planck Institute for Brain Research (MPI for Brain Research) in Frankfurt/Main is a continually growing research institution in the field of basic biological and medical research, with a focus on understanding the functions of the brain’s circuits. Our institute has approx. 300 employees in three research departments and four research groups, as well as several service units.
In order to strengthen our team, we are looking to recruit an experienced and motivated
IT – Manager (m/f)
at the earliest possible date with an initial contract for two years and the option to extend into an unlimited contract.
- Management of the IT service group (6 persons)
- Planning, conception and development of the Institute's central IT infrastructure
- Responsibility for IT security at our Institute, including redundant firewall
- Responsibility for the efficient and proper provision of a powerful and modern IT infrastructure
- Continual market observation and analysis of the IT sector in order to implement science-oriented IT concepts, as well as planning and implementation of the IT budget
- Coordination of all IT procurement activities at the Institute, including applications for funds and expert support in tendering
- Participation in activities within the MPG’s IT community
- Degree from a Technical College or University, or alternatively proof of corresponding certificates in case of an equivalent vocational training in the IT area
- Very good knowledge of the concept, design and operation of heterogeneous IT landscapes
- Several years of professional experience, ideally in a scientific environment
- Sound knowledge of current server operating systems (Windows, UNIX, LINUX)
- Experience in network technologies (virtual networks, routers, firewalls)
- Knowledge in the field of certificate-based keys, PKI, DA / RA
- Good knowledge of English language for communication in an international research environment, and for negotiations and presentations
We are looking for:
- An open-minded, motivated person with a high degree of service and team orientation, as well as great communication skills, can-do spirit, assertiveness and planning competence.
We offer an attractive setting with a high degree of responsibility in a brand new and friendly work environment, an ambitious team, excellent infrastructure, as well as interesting and varied tasks.
The Max Planck Society wishes to increase the percentage of women in areas where they are underrepresented. Women are therefore explicitly invited to apply. The Max Planck Society is striving to employ more severely handicapped persons; they are explicitly invited to apply.
Please send your full and comprehensive application stating your salary expectations by December 15, 2018 as a unique complete pdf file to the Max Planck Institute for Brain Research, Personnel Department, Max-von-Laue-Str. 4, 60438 Frankfurt, e-mail: HR@brain.mpg.de